[WriteLog] SSB through Sound card

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] SSB through Sound card
From: Joe Stepansky <kq3f@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:56:33 -0400
Hello all. I've been trying this all evening and can't get it to go. I'm just trying to save an arbitrary message as msg2.wav, using Shift-F2 to create it and Escape to end. I get a file called msg2.wav, but it's empty.

I have DVK set to Windows Sound Board. Went into the Writelog Sound Mixer control and have the Mic selected. Writelog sound board setup has Enable Recording Loop and Echo microphone selected. I checked my motherboard's sound/mixer controls and the mic button comes on when I hit Shift-F2 and goes off when I hit Escape, which sounds right to me.

Yes, I have the microphone plugged in to the Mic jack. So what else could possibly be preventing what I'm saying into the Mic (simple CQ Test messages) from going into the msg2.wav file? It has to be something silly.

73, Joe KQ3F