Re: [WriteLog] CW Sweepstakes Anoyances

To: Ron NØAT <n0at@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW Sweepstakes Anoyances
From: Rick Tavan <tavan@tibco.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 09:12:12 -0800

Ron NØAT wrote:

When operating SO2R, you have to type Alt-W a lot. Since Writelog doesn't automatically erase the entry when it is a dupe, is there any easier way to delete the QSO in the entry window? Is CtCompatibleAccel=YES, F11 the best solution?

That's what I use. It's not nearly as smooth as trlog's automatic display of stations as you tune through them and automatic clearing of the call field. This problem is not unique to SO2R, just intensified. It is one of the biggest faults with WL for SO1R as well. At least by using F11 to clear the call field you can't accidentally hit Alt, F, <n> - a pretty astonishing "accident," if you ask me. I had never noticed the Alt key arming menu letters until your friend's complaint caused me to test it.

I'm using WL for its strong integration flexibility, not for its runtime ergonomics which are pretty weak. I mean, really - program F11 to set the message sent by F1, then use F11 to clear the call field?! George Orwell couldn't have done any better!

73,

/Rick N6XI