[WriteLog] CW Sweepstakes Anoyances

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW Sweepstakes Anoyances
From: Ron NØAT <n0at@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 09:41:19 -0600
Last weekend, I had a guest op at my station.  This was his first big effort
using Writelog.  He made a couple of observations,  maybe someone on the
reflector can help.

When operating SO2R, you have to type Alt-W a lot.   Since Writelog doesn't
automatically erase the entry when it is a dupe, is there any easier way to
delete the QSO in the entry window?   Is CtCompatibleAccel=YES, F11 the best
solution?

Since you have to type Alt-W a lot, you may run into this problem.   You push
the Alt key, the menu at the top of the window gets highlighted.  The 'file'
entry is the default.  If you push Enter by mistake, then push a number by
mistake, your log is gone.  Actually, a previous log is loaded.  Is there any
way to keep the menu at the top of the Window from being activated with the Alt
key?  Could be an Windows XP setting?

Lastly,  my guest op got a bit upset when he found the serial number being sent
skips a number when you call a station on the 2nd radio, and you don't work the
station.    It looks like the problem exists because of the use of two entry
windows.  Anyone know the official explanation of why this cannot be fixed?

In setting up for Sweepstakes phone,  I use the W5XD Multi-keyer to control the
PTT on my rigs.  Sometimes the keyer doesn't release the PTT properly.   The
PTT may hang for up to a minute after it is supposed to release.  This also
occurs on CW if you fiddle with the keyer remote L/R switch.  It fixes itself
if you cycle the power on the keyer.  Anyone have an experience with this?

73 de Ron  NØAT