RE: [WriteLog] CW Sweepstakes Annoyances

To: Rick Tavan <tavan@tibco.com>,Ron NØAT <n0at@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] CW Sweepstakes Annoyances
From: Eric Scace K3NA <eric@k3na.org>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 17:02:06 -0500
   I use CtCompatibleAccel = YES, and F11 to wipe out the QSO.

   There are other ways to design the man-machine interface and keyboard
accelerator keys.  But lots of operators have been trained
in the DOS era on CT.  WriteLog eases the transition by supporting full
compatibility with CT's choices of keyboard accelerations.

   The F11/F1 pre-programmed message program is conflict between the DOS/CT
world and Windows world.  Default Windows convention is
for F1 to open a help file for the application.   WL was initially designed to
use F2 thru F11 for pre-programmed messages.
CT-trained operators had horrible experience: every time they pressed the most
common CT keypress of all -- F1 to call CQ -- the
WriteLog help screen loaded.  CtCompatibleAccel fixes that... and, since F11 in
CT is the "wipe out the current QSO form" command,
that is part of CT compatibility in keyboard accelerators.

   The menus do not get armed when the Alt key is pressed unless you move the
keyboard focus from the QSO Entry window into the Log
window (ctl-N or mouse click).

   If one doesn't like the key assignments, third party keyboard management
routines may be used to re-arrange the keyboard
accelerators to whatever works best for a particular situation.

   Good luck, and let us know what works for you!

-- Eric