Re: [WriteLog] Using WL after-the-fact

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Using WL after-the-fact
From: "Ian White, G3SEK" <G3SEK@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:01:00 +0000
Eric Hilding wrote:

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Barry Merrill wrote:

Create a WL file with one QSO for that contest,
then create the Cabrillo file.
Look at the cabrillo file format.
Use Wordpad or an editor to add your QSOs.

Tnx, OM. Guess I can copy & paste a bunch of lines so I don't have to keep re-entering the date, etc.

Wouldn't it make more sense to let WL do the work?

Temporarily change your computer's calendar date back to the date of the contest, and then enter *all* the QSOs into WL. Ignore the computer's automatic time-stamp while you're doing this.

Once all the QSOs are in the WL contest log, double-click on the Time field for each QSO in the log window, and you'll see a dialog where you can edit the time (and also the date, but you've already taken care of that).

That method will give you a complete, correct WL log that can be used to generate both the Cabrillo output *and* an ADIF file to merge into your main station log.