RE: [WriteLog] ARRL 10M: KH6 and KL7--its namedmul.ini

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] ARRL 10M: KH6 and KL7--its namedmul.ini
From: "W. Wright, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 02:23:49 -0000
Sorry, I got trigger-happy and ended up with way more posts than
necessary to resolve this. The rules didn't change. The namedmul.ini
file did. It is causes the problem for ARRL 10M.

I have posted a corrected version here:

http://www.writelog.com/Downloads/NamedMulARRL10m.zip

The rules are confusing on this issue and probably caused our
multiplier list maintainer to remove  HI/AK (they got removed
when I handed off maintenance to a volunteer).

The rules say HI/AK are not states, but DXCC countries for
multipliers, but that they ARE states when it comes to the exchange.
The WriteLog 10m module uses their presence in namedmul.ini to
know to receive a state rather than a serial number.

And a state QSO gets the same points and multiplier credit as
a DXCC QSO, so the rules could have been simpler to say HI/AK
are states rather than using the language of a double negative
(they are not states, that don't send serial numbers).

Wayne, W5XD