RE: [WriteLog] ARRL 10M: KH6 and KL7

To: <w5xd@writelog.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] ARRL 10M: KH6 and KL7
From: Al Burnham <k6rim@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:45:02 -0800
Hi, Wayne!

Thanks for responding!

The problem is that the stations are not providing a serial number. (Writelog cheerfully accepts a serial number).

I worked three (3) different Hawaiian stations on phone, and each gave an exchange of 59 HI.

So the stations are responding with the abbreviation for their state (i.e., HI (Hawaii) -- not a serial number.

Checked the rules for the ARRL 10 meter contest, and find that they provide:

4. Contest Exchange:

4.1 W/VE stations (including Hawaii and Alaska) send signal report and state or province (District of Columbia stations send signal report and DC).
(underlining mine)

But then Section 5 provides:

5. Scoring:

5.1. QSO points:

5.2.1. Each US state (excluding KH6 and KL7) and the District of Columbia. (underlining mine)

So I am still confused.

Your thoughts?

With thanks and 73,

Al, K6RIM

At 05:46 PM 12/13/2003, W. Wright, W5XD wrote:
Just put what they send you (a serial number) in the QTH column
at it will score properly.

Wayne