Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and Dual Video

To: "WRITELOG" <writelog@contesting.com>,"Jerry Pixton" <jpixton@shentel.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and Dual Video
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:50:09 -0600
> Wayne,
>
> As one who has two different video cards in my two main computers, there is
> a difference. I find the ATI video much more friendly than the Matrox card.
> The ATI video uses the two monitors as two (you can put windows where you
> want on both) The biggest annoyance with the Matrox is when you maximize a
> window, it covers both monitors! And when a message comes up centered on
> the screen,it is split across the seam of both monitors. Whereas the ATI
> maximizes on one monitor and messages come up in the center of one monitor.
>
> That said, I can't give you the model numbers (yes, I can on this computer
> the ATI icon says it is a Radeon VE) On the other, the Matrox is several
> years old so Matrox may have gotten smarter on managing multiple monitors.
>
> There is a difference also in the Analog or Digital outputs available. So
> check that out.
>
> Jerry, W6IHG
Jerry, this is incorrect. I use Matrox cards and they have a option to spread
over two
monitors or open where you want them. Maybe you inadvertently checkmarked this
option.
Matrox also remembers the size and position of 'most' windows/applications.

Matrox G4 series cards also come with two normal video ports and do not need
adapters.