Re: [WriteLog] AFSK on RTTY not LSB on 1000mp field

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] AFSK on RTTY not LSB on 1000mp field
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 01:33:14 -0800
Has anyone managed to get this working on the MkV so you can select either the cw filter in Nar1 or the cw filter in Nar2 (500 Hz and 250 Hz respectively in my rig)? I haven't but I may have misunderstood something.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

Þorvaldur Stefánsson wrote:

you select PKT - hold down the PKT key for half a second - the radio then
switches to RTTY/LSB but is accepting afsk input on the Packet input on the
back.

I use direct FSK with my ST-8000 but found this out when I was setting up
clover with my p38/pci-4000.   You can select all your filters in afsk with
this method.

Try it, it will only take you 3 minutes to set up.

73
Thor