Re: Re: [WriteLog] AFSK on RTTY not LSB on 1000mp field

To: <n5nj@gte.net>, "Jerry Flanders" <jeflanders@comcast.net>,"Jerry Pixton" <jpixton@shentel.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Re: [WriteLog] AFSK on RTTY not LSB on 1000mp field
From: "WA9ALS - John" <ham_reflectors@wa9als.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:31:26 -0500
> The dual peak filter is nice in the rtty mode, but I don't think you give
up anything related to the filtering in rtty mode - do you?

> Since it's all DSP anyway, can't we manipulate them in rtty mode pretty
much the same way as in LSB-D?

I sure do.  I rarely use the TPF because the others are so good!  Use of the
TPF increases the background noise too, and I find it sort of irritating.
But the DSP is great.  I usually run 250-350 for RTTY and less for the rare
PSK.  You can crank it down to 50 Hz and copy PSK just fine.

Pretty soon someone is going to say this doesn't have anything to do with
WRITELOG, and they are correct.
;-)