Re: [WriteLog] AFSK on RTTY not LSB on 1000mp field

To: Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 <Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] AFSK on RTTY not LSB on 1000mp field
From: Scott Nichols <snichols@mvosprey.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:39:59 -0400
My Mark V works FB in RTTY mode...NAR, NAR1 and NAR2 all function properly, same as in CW mode...

Don't know exactly how it was set up to do this, but it has ALL available filters installed...I bought it slightly used, and have never had to reset any of the menu settings...I do know NAR1 has 2 cascaded 500 hz filters and NAR2 has 2 cascaded 250 hz filters in RTTY and CW modes...Works FB...

I find it hard to believe the FIELD would be different, but I have never used a FIELD...

Scott VE1OP

Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 wrote:

For RTTY (RTTY MODE, PKT MODE, PKT/LSB or ???), nothing I can do with my new MK V FIELD (so far) results in having available the same NAR NAR1 NAR2 filter selections as when using the CW Mode (2.0 500 250).

Does anyone know if this also holds true for the 200W Mark V (non-field) version as well?

I'm in the market for a new/used rig and if that's the
case, I'll stick to the tried and true FT-1000MP (non MkV).

Thanks,
Chad WE9V