Re: [WriteLog] Anoyance during ARRL DX contest & AutoSave doesn'tsave

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Anoyance during ARRL DX contest & AutoSave doesn'tsave
From: Steve Holton <sholton@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 11:46:51 -0500
When in doubt "RTFM" which I didn't - but I was unable to find them during the contest by searching the help - guess next time I should always study "what's new" carefully ;<(
.
There are several other relevant parameters which I missed including:
AutoFillFromBandmapHz, AutoSetToSplitFromBandMap, and TuningDetectionCount

I think adjusting these in combination can make this a pretty nice feature, but I also agree that, perhaps it's best to set the default to defeat them when first introduced.

When grabbing spots with splits - like 40M & 80M in the SSB 'test I noticed a further wrinkle in this.....if you grab a spot with QSX and then have to tune the QSX frequency - this is frequent occurrence as the DX jumps around trying to find a clear listening frequency.....
On my FT1000MP-MkV if I grab a spot with QSX and then change the frequency on the sub VFO-B - the AutoFill etc does not apply - I can tune to my hearts content and the Call in the entry window doesn't change.
On my K2 that's not the case - the tuning AutoFill etc parameters apply when tuning VFO-B when running split- this was perhaps the most frustrating aspect of this new feature.

On a completely different note AutoSaveCount no longer seems to work. Any number I put in there has no effect. If I set the count to 5 or 10 nothing is saved and it starts warning at 20 QSOs. If I set it to 25, it also starts warning at 20, but saves nothing when I hit 25.....

73
Steve N1NB

The answer is in the "what's new" section of the help file 10.45.

The ini.file [ENTRY] AutoClearOnTuneMinHz set to zero will disable
AutoFillFromBandmap as well. Set this to zero and WriteLog will not clear
the Entry window when the radio is tuned.

Don KF2XF