RE: [WriteLog] Two sound cards - Problem discovered

To: "'Chuck Fullgraf'" <cfullgraf@sprynet.com>,"Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Two sound cards - Problem discovered
From: "Don Melcher" <don@hfradio.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 06:32:36 -0700
The problem I was having only came up when I was accessing the station
computer via Xppro remote desk top AND trying to get the audio to the
client computer using Skype - Xppro was the culprit. I still don't get a
sound card selection drop down in WL Soundmixer - but that is fine with
me. In this case, WL uses what ever has been designated the default
sound card in Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel.

That is what I get for trying something new - I had been using GoToMyPC
but decided to try Xppro remote desktop instead on a new machine - DOH!
Now that I know WHERE the problem is, perhaps I can fix it! I went back
to GoToMyPC and all works as it should - now I can run the station from
anywhere there is a broad band connection - ready to move it to the new
QTH near Yosemite - home of Yosemite Contest Group - NM6G (at least as
soon as the FCC gets off there duff and issues the vanity call - should
have been yesterday).

Thanks to all for putting up with me while I chased my tail and banged
my head against the desk.

Don
W6ZO