RE: [WriteLog] Two sound cards - Problem discovered

To: "'Ric Plummer'" <ricp@alum.wpi.edu>,"Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Two sound cards - Problem discovered
From: "Don Melcher" <don@hfradio.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 09:35:13 -0700
Right - and the problem with remote desk top was that I was running it
from the client in the browser - when you have the Remote Desktop client
software on the client PC you can select an option that leaves the sound
on the host computer or makes it appear on the client - that is what was
causing the problem - if I leave it on the host it works fine - now if I
could just make that function work for the audio back and forth I
wouldn't need Skype.

It also allows mapping to a serial port - what would be REALLY cool is
to have two identical Icom radios (7800's)  - one at the client and one
at the host. When you plug the CI-V ports together and turn transceive
function on, what you turn on one radio happens on both....

But it is really awesome just to be able to sit on the couch in the
family room, or out on the patio and control your station - will be even
better with the station at the new QTH with BIG(ger) antennas (stacked
C-31XRs @ 55 & 85 , 2 elements on 40 @ 100' and a four square for 80)
and no TVI to worry about so I can run QRO (PW1).