Re: [WriteLog] 1000MP stuck in transmit

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 1000MP stuck in transmit
From: "Ian White, G3SEK" <G3SEK@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:18:13 +0100
Yesterday, I wrote:

A few days ago, I installed v10.48F and it worked the same as ever with the MP (Mk1).

Then yesterday I connected in the IC-746 as a second radio. That works OK... but somewhere along the way, the MP now sticks in transmit whenever WL is running and the COM/CAT lead is plugged in.
[...]
Any ideas, please?

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions - they really helped me think more clearly.

After changing just about everything in the setup, it turns out that the problem is a fault in the RS232 splitter box that breaks out the DTR and RTS control lines from the CAT lines to the MP.

When that box isn't in circuit, everything else works perfectly, including WL... so the rest of it is my problem!