Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY Standalone no problem

To: "Donald Eriksen" <don.wsixffh@verizon.net>,"Garnie Currie" <ve7.dxh@shaw.ca>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY Standalone no problem
From: "John Fleming" <john@wa9als.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 21:19:42 -0500
That must be what he's talking about Don - the RTTY Control Panel.  I didn't
realize it because I have those buttons turned off!  (And I always forget
how to turn them on/off - You chose Setup TNC from the Rttyrite window.)
Garnie, those are -Profile- buttons - not macros.  They choose a predefined
profile, e.g. a combination of settings (eg Fluttered Signals FIR, AFC ON,
NET OFF - or however you've set it up) and whether NET is on or not etc.
The plugin will show 4 of 8 possible profiles if I understand it correctly.
The profiles listed are defined via the Assign and Delete menus under
Profile in the MMTTY program.  I believe the default profile buttons allow
you to choose a profile for CQ with AFC ON and another for S&P with AFC OFF
and so forth.  As noted above, you can program these however you like them
by setting the parameters and then assigning to a profile.  I think you hve
to do this in the standalone version and then you will have the first 4
profiles available in the plugin.

Does this help?  73 - John, WA9ALS