Re: [WriteLog] Back-up??

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Back-up??
From: K4SB <k4sb@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:19:05 +0000
"M. Edward Wilborne III" wrote:
> This is an interesting topic :)
> Assuming there is a "performance hit" or other issues where you shouldn't be
> saving after every QSO why not model it like other applications that that
> implement a "timed save" feature?  It seems to me that WriteLog could auto
> CTRL-S after every 20 QSOs (as a user settable option, of course) or every
> 60 seconds, etc.

Well, my system may not be the best in the world, but I have my C
drive partitioned into C and D, and a seperate HD serves as E.

Although WL has never failed me, even in recovering QSOs when a
problem occurs, I have a simple .bat file which copies the entire
content of C:\Ham\Contests to both the D drive and the E drive. The
.BAT is on the desktop, and it's simply a matter of minimizing WL,
clicking on the .bat icon and then going back to business as usual. I
lose about 10 seconds, and can cut that down some by moving all the
old contest files to another directory called "Logs".

73
Ed