Re: [WriteLog] W5XD keyer question

To: "Randy Thompson, K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] W5XD keyer question
From: "Ric Plummer" <ricp@alum.wpi.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 07:41:37 -0400
Randy
Here's another thought.
When I built my keyers I couldn't find the optos,
Sooo, I put a 2N3904 in the opto socket just to try it temporarily. Worked
fine. You need to figure out the proper place to put the E-B-C pins.
The loss of isolation has never been a problem.
And now, 4 years later, the temorary fix continues to serve well.
And the transistor saturates well.
Regards
Ric KV1W