[WriteLog] Poor PC generated CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Poor PC generated CW
From: "Doug Ferris" <dferris1@cogeco.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:55:25 -0500
For what it's worth, I have also experienced this problem and I don't use a
MicroHam USB interface. I purchased and installed a program that converts a
USB port to a serial port and then used that to pick off the keying signal
and feed it to the rig through a simple transistor switch.

The problem is very intermittent with the computer generated CW sometimes
turning into garbage in the middle of a message or sometimes right from the
start. During last weekend's contest I did hear several other stations
experiencing the same problem so now I know mine is not an isolated
instance. I run QRP so I'm not thinking this is RFI induced.

I'm wondering if setting COMM PTT on the setup ports screen would make any
difference or changing "CW PTT setup" to QSK from command rig on COMM port
would help??

Doug F.
VA3DF