Re: [WriteLog] Re: Serial Numbers in Multi Operations

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Re: Serial Numbers in Multi Operations
From: bruce <bruce@ak8b.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:31:48 -0500
I had to check this myself but what he is doing is OK by the rules. For SS there is no band change restriction. There is also no reason why both transcievers couldn't be on the same band as long as they don't transmit at the same time. This does seem like a very agressive setup and probably isn't what anybody had in mind when they made up the category "Multi-Single" but it seems OK.

Now, why can't Writelog handle this? It's networked and certainly knows that there was another Q with the number it's using. It certainly should be possible to handle this although it might not be easy.

BTW, I have no intention of every operating this way.

Bob Naumann wrote:

Hi Chad,

Regardless, multi-single contest rules do not allow for that to happen - except for CQWW which does not use serial #'s.

In a multi-single you should not be operating on two bands at once under any circumstances.

Multi-single rules are the most restrictive (10 minute rule or # of band changes) in order to prevent this sort of practice, where you're really multi-2 or multi-multi.

73,
N5NJ

============================================================ From: Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 <chad@motorola.com> Date: 2004/11/29 Mon PM 02:49:10 CST To: n5nj@gte.net, writelog@contesting.com Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Re: Serial Numbers in Multi Operations

He said he "started to enter a Q".  He didn't say anything about
working (trasmitting) two stations at once.  WL assigns a number
as soon as you start typing in a call.  You will also see
this behavior as SO2R in WL and you enter a call in each call
entry area, you will get numbers assigned, and if you wipe the
first one, that number is skipped and never reassigned.

I've given up on totally sequential numbers, and as others
have said, it doesn't matter as long as you log what was sent.
I proved this to myself last year during SS CW where I submitted
a M/S log with funky numbers and ARRL had zero problems with
that.

Chad WE9V