Re: [WriteLog] mH Keyer and Writelog Problem

To: G3SJJ <g3sjj@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] mH Keyer and Writelog Problem
From: "Blake M." <n4gi@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:24:39 -0400
I have been battling the same problem with my microkeyer, writelog, and 1000mp. Jozef has been terrific in helping me troubleshoot the issue, however it seems the problem does not lie in the microkeyer, rather Writelog's intolerance of small delays present in the USB virtual ports.

Sometimes doing a "Setup~Ports~OK" routine clears up the NORIG, but most of the time a complete reboot is the only thing that fixes mine. Mind-knumbing in the middle of a contest....

Don't know if there is anything that can be adjusted in the Writelog code to make it more tolerable of delays from the radio, but it appears that it's the only fix.

Cross-posted in the interest of keeping parties concerned in the loop ;-)

73,
Blake N4GI

G3SJJ wrote:

Thanks Braco. I also have experienced speed changing in the past but has
probably been put right now, we did not have that problem at all at during
the contest. Chris G3SJJ