Re: [WriteLog] Convert CTY to Writelog Problem

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Convert CTY to Writelog Problem
From: Rick Tavan N6XI <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:08:33 -0700
[Jim - see below.]

Thanks to all who replied with helpful suggestions. The answer to my
specific question was that the Convert CTY to Writelog program has the
exact, silly, vestigial path name c:\ham\programs... wired in. Recent
versions of Writelog allow you to install in the more conventional location
Program Files directory and that is what I am doing these days. However, I
had a leftover c:\ham directory and that's where Convert was doing its
business. It apparently hasn't caught up with Windows naming conventions or
actual program location as well as the logging program itself. I'm back in
business and, hopefully, will remember this arcane bit of ritual next time.

But actually, I was trying to use the wrong process. The Writelog function
File | Web Update Data Files appears to be a better way to update these
files. Jim, you might want to consider mentioning it in your readme.txt file
for memory-impaired folks like me!

Thanks, all.

73,

/Rick N6XI