[WriteLog] Network Instability

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Network Instability
From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:36:20 -0500
I have gotten a flood of private email in the last hour.  Ill try to
compile some stats and see what we can learn.  If you have the
bandmap-flicker-followed-by-crash problem, please send me a note with
the following info:

Number of computer on the network

CPU speeds and amount of RAM if you know

Link: NETDDE or TCP/IP

OS

WL version

Link: Ethernet or wireless

Under WIN98 there are some memory management issues that can be improved
with add on programs and tweaks.   See:

http://aumha.org/win4/a/memmgmt.htm

So far I have input that it is happening under WIN98SE and XP, wired and
wireless.  The stations with two or more rigs adding Qs to the network
along with telnet seem to be suffering the most.

73

Hal

N4GG