Re: [WriteLog] Removing mult

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>,<jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, "Henderson, Dan N1ND" <dhenderson@arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Removing mult
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 21:21:21 -0900
Re: [WriteLog] Removing multWell, it looks like I kicked over the proverbial
hornet's nest!  Lot's of opinions, as expected.  Life was much simpler when I
lived in IL.  In EVERY contest I was simply a US state.  Apparently this is a
non-issue no brainer for many, and a concern for several others.  My contention
is if someone, anyone, is confused, then there is a problem.

Although, as I think further about, it probably isn't really a problem for me.
If I happen to get it wrong and give out an erroroneous exchange that may be a
problem for the receiving station, but I am golden!  As long as I get their
exchange correct I've done my job, right!  So, I will endeavor to get it right,
but if I screw it up and you lose a point/mult in your log I apologize in
advance for my stupidity!

By the way, Dan mentions the ARRL DX contest which used to be one of favorite
contests until I moved to KL7 land.  From up here it is painful to hear so many
good DX stations and not be able to work them.  The CQ WW and WPX contests are
now my favorite DX contests due to the fact I am allowed to actually contact
them.
Gary AL9A