Re: [WriteLog] Writelog RTTY help

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog RTTY help
From: "Lance" <jlhoffman@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 09:37:57 -0600
From: "Lloyd S. Smith" <nx4w@cox.net>
To: "Lance" <jlhoffman@alltel.net>;
<writelog@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 8:33 AM

Lance:

This should solve your problem:

This message is addressed to anyone using MMTTY
with Writelog that is having
any problems, regardless of what they are, please
give the following a try.
I and at least 6 others have solved their problems
by trying this.  However
none of them returned a message to the reflector
to say that it solved their
problems, they only sent me a message directly to
me.

Install a full version of MMTTY, which should
install in C:\program
files\mmtty.  If you already have the full version
installed and you know
that it works without any problems then go to the
next paragraph.  Otherwise
make sure the full version works properly first.

Now go to the Writelog directory and either rename
the MMTTY engine or move
it to another directory so the MMTTY plug-in
cannot find it.  When you start
Writelog it will ask you were it  is and that is
when you redirect it to the
full version directory.  Even though you are using
the full version of
MMTTY, it knows that you only need the engine and
that is all that runs.

I stumbled on this accidentally when I was having
a problem.  Namely that
when the MMTTY engine started in Writelog, it
crashed the rttyrite window.

Good Luck
Lloyd, NX4W