Re: [WriteLog] Need WriteLog help - Radio does not see s/w command

To: writelog@contesting.com, W5OV@W5OV.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Need WriteLog help - Radio does not see s/w command
From: "JerryBliss - k6iii" <k6iii@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:26:53 GMT
Bob (W5OV), thanks for your reply.

Using WL, I can read the Freq & Mode info coming in from the rig (IC-751a).
This info is properly display in the various WL windows and in the log.
However, the rig does not respond to any WL command. I can NOT change Freq or
Mode from WL, for example. I have tried several ways to do this (from Band Map,
from Packet Spots window, from the Call Sign field in the Entry window, etc.).

I Have (I believe) correctly done the Set Up (Ports) menu and have select
IC-751 rig type, 9600 baud, POLL is checked using COMM PORT 2.
I have SAVED the Configuration.

I am using my Elecraft K2 on COMM PORT 1 and that responds to WL commands.

In the RADIO drop-down menu, the Number of Radios is set to 1.

(I have swapped ports and rigs on the COMM Ports and did all the set-up  and
INI file changes for that, but still the IC-751a does not respond to WL
commands. So I conclude that this is not a particular port problem.)

I did download a CI-V test program from DF4OR and have demonstrated that it
will command the IC-751a, so I am confident that the PIEXX interface is
correctly working.

In the INI file, I have this set up:

[PORTS]
dvktype=2
dvkport=4
cwtype=1
cwport=3
dvkstoploop=1
dvkechomic=1
Comm1Used=USED,POLL,43
Comm1RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm1XmitControl=NEVER
Comm2Used=CW,POLL,6
Comm2RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm2XmitControl=NEVER

[RIGS]
Com1:=4800,n,8,2
Com2:=9600,n,8,1

TNX AGN for your reply. Please do let me know if any other things occur to you
regarding this issue.

73 de Jerry/k6iii
San Jose, CA

Jerry,

You asked for a reply off the reflector.  If you didn't get one, you should
have said something.

When you say that you "can, however, read Freq/Mode info", exactly what do
you mean by that?

Are you talking about within Writelog or just with your other programs?

Have you compared the com port settings you use in the other programs to how
you have WL configured?  (e.g. 1200,N,8,1)

What about the Hex address for your radio?  Does the PIEXX use a different
address than the default for the 751A?

73,

Bob W5OV