Re: [WriteLog] Need WriteLog help - Radio does not see s/w command

To: "JerryBliss - k6iii" <k6iii@juno.com>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Need WriteLog help - Radio does not see s/w command
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:05:01 +0000
Jerry,

Have you tried 1200 baud since that was the native setting for the IC751?

Remember guys that Writelog IS sending two commands to Read the Frequency
and then Read the Mode. What seems to be happening is the Write Frequency
command is failing for some reason.

Have you tried to hook a comm program up to the port you have Writelog
talking to? I used to keep an old early Windows version of Crosstalk around
just for that purpose since it had an ASCII display. That is how I proved
that Writelog was sending the proper PTT commands to my FT100mp while using
CW and that it was the mp that was dropping the PTT line.

You want to see what is being sent when you type a frequency into the qso
entry window. Since you know the contents of the 10 bytes you entered into
the CI-V test program you should be able to see what is being sent.

Is nothing being sent? Is it just wrong? Or is the IC-751 ignoring the
command. There were some early versions that were Read Only as I recall!

Jerry. W6IHG