Re: [WriteLog] Need WriteLog help - Radio does not see s/w command

To: "'Bob Naumann - W5OV'" <W5OV@W5OV.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Need WriteLog help - Radio does not see s/w command
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 23:24:34 -0500
Hi Guys,

There is nothing wrong with the way Jerry sets up for using one of two
radios.

For me I have two rigs but only one is used at a time, you might say it is
for variety. Eventually I will have enough hardware and antennas to attempt
SO2R, but so far all I have is two radios. So sometimes I configure for left
radio, sometimes for right radio.

The baud rates listed under [Ports] in the .ini file are not for rigs. The
help file in WriteLog reads that [Ports] are used for Packet and RTTY.
Actually the [RIGS] section is used for radios, but this is redundant as I
believe the > Ports Setup > windows controls the configuration for rigs.
By-the-way, the drop down select one or two radios will change number of
radios so the .ini file is just showing the option used, not the other way
around.

One of the great things about WriteLog is the vast setup options offered,
sort of like using a keyboard for a solder iron - depending on either gear
or mode.

Now if we could just put our heads together and figure out why Jerry's radio
will send info to WriteLog but for some reason WL will not control the
IC-751A radio using his Piexx interface. What has been overlooked? There
must be someone that has been down this path before?

Thanks gang,
Eric - VE3GSI