[WriteLog] WL - strange split ops on 40m observed

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WL - strange split ops on 40m observed
From: "JerryBliss - k6iii" <k6iii@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 04:10:07 GMT
While operating CQWW/ssb this weekend, I noted a strange behavior on
40m that I had not seen before.

> I would click on the band map and the transciever would go to the
> frequency of the spot (low down on 40m) and then a second later shift
> up to the high part of the band (somewhere in the US Phone band). I
> didn't observe if it shifted to the same frequency each time or
> observe any pattern.
>
> Rig is old IC-751a with piexx interface.
> Connected to spotting net using the VE7CC s/w.
> Running a recent version of WL (10.60g).

I suspect something strange set up in the WL ini file or perhaps the WL
s/w driver for these old ICOM rigs is misbehaving. Any suggestions?

Jerry/k6iii
San Jose, CA

WB6JJJ wrote...

Jerry,

I wonder if the 751 will receive "split" information from WriteLog??
I was able to click on a call in the packet window and the radio
(756ProIII) would go to the proper frequencies with split activated -
on 40 meters.  If the station was not split - then split was
automatically turned off on the radio...  This allowed me to call a
station quickly as my transmit frequency was already loaded - very
cool...

Bill Maurer WB6JJJ