Re: [WriteLog] WL & microHAM MK2R+ REMOTE STATION use???

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL & microHAM MK2R+ REMOTE STATION use???
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 15:49:13 -0800
I need to clarify several things in my initial post:

> 13. MKR2+ Optional antenna relay control...does this work with the Array

Ooops...part got cut off...please add "SIX Pak".  I guess the band decoders can
take care of this, so I'll amend it to include separate antenna relay controls
for
like when the SIX Pak is switched to 40m but you further want to select from
several
different 40m antennas to use.  Now, I'm sure a Rube Goldberg approach could be
taken with switches using IP addressable power strips and some clever mods, but
wrapping up the requisite functionality and interfacing via the MK2R+ would be
nice!

The ideal would be USB or some other connectivity from the MK2R+ to a turnkey
"black box" controller widget with 5 or 6 ports or connectors to interface with
various
other relay or switching devices.  I haven't bought the other switching units
yet, so not
sure yet exactly what is needed.

I do have one A/B antenna switch from the DXD folks, that routes to one side
when the
12v connection is closed between A & Ground, and the other side when B & Ground
are
closed.  That simplicity would be less costly than IP Addressabile power
strips, so maybe
an MK2R+ add on to do this for multiple A/B switches would be very cool.

> 8.  ...This is extremely important for "Contest-Pedition" operation(s).

My thinking was for CQ WW SSB, NAQP SSB, etc. vs. ARRL DX (where the SO station
would
be primarily running).  Having even just RX SO2R for monitoring other bands for
openings is, of
course, useful in the latter event.

---

I neglected to mention that apparently there is a problem in trying to use
insert ^^^
characters in the WL CW message fields when a MicroHAM unit is in the food
chain (as
reported to me by another NCCC member). Is this true?  If so, a fix is
certainly needed unless
someone knows of a creative workaround.

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA