Re: [WriteLog] WL & microHAM MK2R+ REMOTE STATION use???

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL & microHAM MK2R+ REMOTE STATION use???
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 18:58:42 -0800
On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

> This is well beyond the appropriate level of detail for the WriteLog
> reflector.

I put the "you may want to delete" statement at the beginning for those not
interested in the WL-related topis, but you might be amazed at the number of WL
+ TS-480S users who could potentially benefit from making the initial post
here!  I've already received direct email TNX for posting!

Tnx for your detailed responses, even as discouraging as some were.  Still,
some aspects are (IMHO) appropriate to non-remote WL related use that others
might appreciate the info.

> You will notice that only DOS loggers are listed in that statement.
> WriteLog will only control line 14 (A/B) of the LPT.

This one baffles me, however, because I presently send CW from WriteLog via the
LPT1 port through my DXD.  Are you saying I would not be able to do this with
WL and the MK2R+ ?

> Your application is so far out and the potential market so small
> that I do not expect the factory will have any interest.

Umh, I consider the application more "Visionary" than "far out"!

One final question here that *could* also be of interest to WL SO2R Remote
folks, albeit it a much more costly solution... involving TWO MK2R+ units...one
at the remote site and one at the home CC&R restricted QTH.  What if an MK2R+
at home could be interfaced to control the remote MK2R+...perhaps via software
on a 2nd computer that itself is connected in the Ethernet food chain???

As challenging as this endeavor appears, my take: "Nothing Is Impossible!" :-)

Tnx also for the clarification on WL & the MK2R+ CW ^^^ issue...I've forwarded
the information along to the NCCC member who brought this to my attention.

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA