[WriteLog] USB Sound Cards

To: Writelog <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] USB Sound Cards
From: "Scot, K9JY" <scot@k9jy.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 14:41:18 -0800 (PST)
All,

After searching the archives for "USB Sound Cards" and just "USB", I've failed
to find any external USB sound cards that could be used with my new laptop that
has a sound card rating of 6b. I would like 7f!

The one USB external sound card rated 7f I know about is from USB Gear
manufactured by Cool Gear...I ordered it when it showed in stock, never heard
from them for 2 weeks, queried them and heard nothing for 3-4 days, e-mailed
their tech support which responded "out of stock" and when asked when it would
be shipping I got another response that said "part discontinued." Of course,
the web site still shows it IN STOCK, but I'm not going to go that route.

Any help -- including a source for the external sound card -- would be
appreciated. If I get a good list, I'll post back here on the reflector so we
have a marker for late 2006 external USB Sound cards...

TIA,

Scot, K9JY

Scot, K9JY
Visit K9JY's WriteLog Help Site