Re: [WriteLog] USB Sound Cards

To: scot@k9jy.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] USB Sound Cards
From: Richard Thorne <rmthorne@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:51:53 -0600
Scott:

I went through this just a few months ago as I had purchased a new Dell
laptop that did not support Writelog.

I purchased a Sound Blaster usb soundcard, the Live 24 External.  Its $50.

I tested it with the soundboard check program which comes up with a 6B.
The first thing the sound check program tells me is that it can't find a
line input.  However, the sound blaster in fact does have a line input
on the back.  I'm not so sure if the sound board check program tells the
entire story.

The external usb card worked well during sweepstakes last month, but I
only used it for a single radio not so2r.

Rich - N5ZC