Re: [WriteLog] USB Sound Cards

To: <scot@k9jy.com>, "'Writelog'" <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] USB Sound Cards
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 11:34:45 -0500
Scott,

A follow up ...

Both the Creative MP3+ (discontinued but sometimes available factory
refurbished from the Creative Labs Factory store on e-Bay for $15
http://stores.ebay.com/Creative-Labs-Factory-Store) and the Byterunner
UA-850 (http://www.byterunner.com/byterunner/product_name=UA580) - $29
score 7f on the WriteLog Soundboard test.

Until we are able to get test results on the Turtle Beach Audio
Advantage Roadie, the UA-850 appears to be the recommendation for
those who need an external sound card (laptop, etc.).

The UA-850 is not a "high performance" sound device but its test
results are competitive with the low price PCI cards and/or the
sound systems built into contemporary laptops.

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America
       http://www.microHAM-USA.com