Re: [WriteLog] Xmit problem on 80 mtrs

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Xmit problem on 80 mtrs
From: Aldewey@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 21:19:01 EST

In a message dated 1/6/2008 8:14:16 P.M. Central Standard Time,
aa7fk@hotmail.com writes:

After  the contest I checkout other modules with 80 mtrs and all exhibited
the same  problem.
Set up here is Icom 756PRO3, WL with MMTTY plug-in (which by the  way when I
just use the stand alone MMTTY program the 80 mtr problem does NOT  present
itself, only within WL) and the interface is RigBlasster  Plus.

Any ideas to chase down?  Anyone experience that problem now  or in the past?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Bob  AA7FK

Bob;

Are you absolutely sure this is not RF?  I had the exact same problem  on 20
meters when I pointed my beam in a specific direction.  When I turned  off the
amp, or turned the beam in another direction, the problem went  away.  Might
you have RF on 80 that you don't have on the other  bands?

73,

Al, K0AD