[WriteLog] Garbled CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Garbled CW
From: "Rick Lindquist" <n1rl@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 11:26:34 -0400
Hello, again! Trying to get set up for WPX CW, which will be the first time
I've used WriteLog in a CW contest. Is there any easy way (ie, that doesn't
involve buying yet another piece of hardware) to prevent the CW from
garbling occasionally? I realize this probably has to do with CPU load on my
PC, which is brand new and running Vista. I've only got WriteLog running in
the foreground, but I suppose my virus program also is in the loop.

I'm using a USB-to-serial converter, too, and I read on the reflector
archives where they can sometimes be the problem. Any suggestions?
Otherwise, if you hear me send you a garbled exchange this weekend, you'll
know why.

Never had any kind of problem like this when I was running CT <grumble,
grumble>!

73, Rick, WW3DE (ex-N1RL)