[WriteLog] Virtual COM Port Assignment in WL .ini ?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Virtual COM Port Assignment in WL .ini ?
From: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:14:59 -0700

Today is the ultimate $64,000 question to sew up getting my new
solar/battery remote site dilemma resolved to be able to use WriteLog in the
CW NAQP this weekend.

The WL Port Setup dialog window only allows for COM 1,2,3 & 4.

In order to use WL and have it share the RS-232 connection to my remote
TS-480 (rig body) with W4MQ's IRT program, I have to use a Virtual COM Port
(the one VCOM assigned is COM 11).

I seem to recall there being some way in the WriteLog .ini file to make COM
1 in the WL Port Setup actually go to COM 11 inside the Confuzer, but maybe
I was dreaming?  If it can be done, I will be the Happiest Camper on the
planet today.  Coincidentally, the rig at the remote site is located inside
a small 6 PACK camper I took off the pickup.  Go figure.

TNX in advance for any assistance.

73.

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust