Re: [WriteLog] WinKeyer2 Keyer Speed Issues?

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WinKeyer2 Keyer Speed Issues?
From: "Alan Maenchen" <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 09:50:23 -0700
I've noticed this too using the USB keyer inside the MK2R box (same chip as
the WinKeyer)

I think the answer was posted here some time ago, but I don't remember
exactly.

I think the K1EL firmware is always checking the speed pot to see if it's
been moved or not. If it senses a move (change of value) then it changes
speed to whatever the pot is set to.  I think this problem is simply the
sensitivity of that pot.  You can change speed with PGUP/PGDN just fine, but
if the speed pot is sitting near an ADC value threshold, it eventually
senses a change in the pot value (due to noise/RF) and jumps back to the pot
setting.

I've learned to always change speed with the pot and not use PGUP/PGDN.

It would be nice to have different speed settings for computer sending (via
WL controlled by PGUP/DN) and hand sending (via paddle and speed pot). I
think that is possible now, but I don't know the details.

73, Al  AD6E
See y'all from P29 in a couple of weeks.