Re: [WriteLog] WinKey USB won't work with WriteLog on my laptop

To: Ron NØAT <n0at@comcast.net>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WinKey USB won't work with WriteLog on my laptop
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 09:00:02 -0700
This WAS it, but I don't know why I didn't see this before.
Yesterday, I tried using "Manual Entry" to set the mode, but it didn't
seem to work.  Last weekend I had the rig interface hooked up and it
wasn't working, but today with the rig interface hooked up it is
working.  There must have been multiple issues.  In fact, the one
thing I did since last weekend was I re-installed the VCP drive and
windows correctly assigned it to a low COM port number (COM5) instead
of the high port number (> 20) it set before.  In order to do this, I
had to uninstall a whole bunch BT VCP's set up on machine from the
factory.  Of course, I reassigned that high port number to a lower
one, but maybe there was still a conflict with something else.

The bottom line is that it is working now!  Awesome.  Thanks everyone.
 The Serial Port monitor software really helped.