Re: [WriteLog] Record on the fly

To: "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Record on the fly
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 18:45:06 -0800
OK, I'm getting really confused over this.  I finally got it to work today -
for awhile!

I changed the Microham Microphone CODEC Properties to 2 channel, 16 bit,
44100 Hz and tried a record on the fly message.  Nada. The MKII keyed PTT,
but the Line LED no longer lit or blinked, just dead.  I checked the WL
Sound Board mixer and found that the rec to PC box had been set back to the
Sigma Tel line in instead of the MKII line in.  Vista?  I changed it back to
MKII line in and restarted WL.  Tried another record on the fly message -
still Nada!

Went back to the Microham Microphone CODEC Properties and set it back to
where it had originally been, 1 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz and WL suddenly
woke up and I could get a good record on the fly message created.  Tried
several test messages and it worked every time.  This tells me the problem
isn't WL or the MKII!

Shut down WL and then restarted it and record on the fly no loner worked!
Sound Board mixer is still correct, Microham Microphone is unchanged, 1
channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz, but somehow I've again lost record on the fly.  I
suspect that somehow Vista is stabbing me in the back, I just don't know
how!!!  Will keep playing with it as time permits next week.  I've lived
without it since starting with WL so it's not a show stopper, but it sure
has me stumped!

73,
Gary AL9A