Re: [WriteLog] CAT Problem

To: writelog@contesting.com, Zrinko Zibert <ve3zik@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CAT Problem
From: "k0bx@arrl.net" <k0bx@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:38:21 -0700 (PDT)
Zrinko, I am not sure of your problem, but several times over the years I have
had the same problem.  CAT will work with other programs but not Writelog.
Here is a solution that MAY or MAY not work but it is easy and free.

Using NotePad edit
C:\Windows\writelog.ini
as follows:

In the file, go to the section
labeled
[Ports].

Look at the line for the Com port
you intend to use.  It will look like this:

COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x

Check to be sure all parameters are
correct, then Delete the final x (but not

the comma).  It should look like
this:

COM1:=9600,n,8,1,

Click on File, Save.  Then open
WriteLog; this should allow

I had this problem with my PK-232 and lately when I used a USB=>CIV adapter.

Hope this helps

Joe K0BX

Stop the insanity!

Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without
my permission.