Re: [WriteLog] Rittyrite PSK

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Rittyrite PSK
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 09:53:46 -0800
I continue to be unable to get Rittyrite to function correctly when trying
to run PSK.  My setup info is in the message below from Aug. 14.

Yesterday I was playing around with the DxbPSK software (modified WinPSK)
that writes directly to my DXBase 2006 log.  I noticed that when I
transmitted from a F key memory buffer my MKII LCD screen would display
"TRANSMITTING" while sending the message.  When I go to WL and start
Rittyrite and attempt to send a F key memory buffer the MKII LCD screen
displays "PLAYING".   This is what the MKII displays when playing SSB wav
files from a memory location.  As I've stated before it appears that with
the IC-7600 in USB-D1 mode WL is for some reason sending the wav file
messages from the SSB buffers rather than the text messages stored in the
CW/RTTY message locations.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the IC-7600 radio driver or the way
WL interfaces to Vista.  I would like to try a test to see if the problem
might lie in the IC-7600 radio driver.  Before the driver for the IC-7600
was added to WL I used the driver for the IC-7800 and that worked ok.  I had
to modify the hex address in the 7800 driver to make it the default for the
7600.  Problem is I now am unable to remember the WL radio driver file name
and where it is stored.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

73,
Gary AL9A