Re: [WriteLog] New CQ WW rule on lockout

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] New CQ WW rule on lockout
From: Mike Heideman <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 21:18:29 +0000
Don AA5AU wrote in response to Mark K6UFO:
> When using more than one computer, either as SO2R or Multi-Op, they
> must be networked and connected to each other via WriteLog.? Use "Link
> to Network" command which I think is on the WL Setup menu.
>
> When this is accomplished, both "First one wins" and "Last one wins"
> become available in the Setup menu on each PC.? Select the same option
> on each PC.? Either set?all PCs?to "First one wins" or?all PCs?to
> "Last one wins".? The lockout is performed over the network.? Works
> well.? I've been doing this for SO2R on 2 PCs for years.? Use "Last
> one wins" for SO2R and I am guessing "First one wins" for Multi-Op.

This doesn't answer Mark's original question.  How do you set up 4
computers in the network such that lockout is enforced between two or
more computers on the same band, but computers on different bands do
not lock each other out?

The typical arrangement is two coupled computers, one for run and
one for S&P, on the same band.  The S&P operator attempts to make
Q's by interleaving transmissions with the run op.  If the station layout
allows it this could also be a single operator doing SO2R on the same
band as part of a multi-op.

Setting up 2 different networks, one for each of the computer pairs,
would enable partitioned lockout but then the logs would not be shared.

73,
-Mike, N7MH