Re: [WriteLog] [FCG] SOR2 keying focus with WriteLog

To: <Georgek5kg@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] [FCG] SOR2 keying focus with WriteLog
From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 16:38:13 -0500
I had a similar problem troubleshooting a problem at PJ2T - they were
using LPT to drive a band decoder but it was not working.

Long story short, we went into the computer's bios, and found LPT turned
off.  Try booting up and holding (F8?? F12??? Whatever key takes you to
the bios) and checking the status of LPT there.

73 Hal N4GG

Dave and any WL users,

We are back to troubleshooting the SO2R cw keying focus problem.   To
restate the problem, the cw keying focus on the DX Doubler does not
automatically switch from Radio L to Radio R.  The logging program is
WriteLog, ver
10.87e.  The DX Doubler will switch cw keying focus manually  just fine.

We have confirmed that there is a constant +4.5 vdc on pin 14 of the LPT

connector.  It does not go to 0.0 vdc when switching from Radio L to
Radio  R
in WriteLog.  For some reason, WriteLog is not causing the +4.5 vdc  on
LPT
pin 14 to toggle.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Tnx, George

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL
941-400-1960 cell

In a message dated 11/7/2011 5:15:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,