Re: [WriteLog] SO2R controllers

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SO2R controllers
From: K6UFO Mark Aaker <k6ufo@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:43:57 -0700 (PDT)
I have two of the Microham micro2r at two different stations,
both working fine with Writelog and WinXP. They work
great one radio or SO2R all modes CW, RTTY (FSK!) and
SSB. No more crawling around to switch cables.

The Router software is a little complex to get configured,
but the document "U2R_WriteLog_USB_Setup.pdf" that I
downloaded from the microham-usa website in the "Support"
area had all the specifics for my use with Writelog and
Windows XP.

I found making the cables easier by using a "Breakout Box"
from Winford Engineering
<http://www.winfordeng.com/products/brk9.php>
and using RCA phono cables for most connections, with an
adapter where needed to the radio's connector, if different.

K6UFO Mark