[WriteLog] Flex 5000A and Writelog help

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Flex 5000A and Writelog help
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 23:30:03 +0000
Gang,

I have been on a steep learning curve all week having received a new
Flex 5000A on Monday destined to become the main radio in my retirement
plan.

I sort of have rtty working with Writelog 11.01 on my WinXP SP3 Intel
Core 2 (E6700) machine. The bands have been sooo bad this week that I
had to do a side-by-side compare with my IC756ProII and Flex (the same
except for antennas) to see that rtty decode with mmtty was probably
working. I am not sure the rtty transmission is ok or not; it sure does
not sound normal.

But the thing that has me real puzzled, I can not seem to get the
Writelog CW Receiver working without using a real sound card (the four
options to get to cw all seem to require a real sound card? I can get
the Virtual Audio Cables working for rtty mode. But no joy for cw. Am I
trying to do something that just will not work with Writelog???

I would guess that I might run into the same problem when I try to get a
wave file to play in SSB????

If this works (there seems to be a lack of mention of Writelog in the
Flex help papers) does any one have a setup to get started with???:

I can't sell the last radio until I am comfortable with the Flex 5000
working.

Thanks for any advice

Jerry, W6IHG