Re: [WriteLog] [SECC] Windows 7

To: "Jeff (W4DD)" <w4dd@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] [SECC] Windows 7
From: Courtney Judd <k4wi@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 17:13:59 -0600
hi Jeff, you can't make any new files until you make some and show writelog where they are. then you can change them by using shift+F-key and it will store that in the location pointed to by the f-key. It tries to find them but of course the files are msg2.wav as an example and the program is looking for extensions with .wl or *.ctn no *.all which it should have. I will try changing the .wav to .wl and see what happens.... let you know, Cort

Jeff (W4DD) <mailto:w4dd@arrl.net>
Wednesday, March 06, 2013 4:57 PM

Can you make a recording with the Writelog program and then compare the two? With Wintest I make my recordings with SHIFT+F1

You can try renaming the file to a .wl extension and see if Writelog can find it.

Can any one help me sort out this problem? Everything is working with microHam router, FT2000D, computer, and Writelog except for one thing. I cannot get writelog to send messages with the F-keys. A box comes up with the message saying that C:\Users\K4WI\Documents\Writelog\WaveFiles\msg2.wav not found .I have created messages 2 thru 11(msg2.wav to msg11.wav) in this folder with windows sound recorder.They show up in that folder and when clicked on they play with windows sound recorder as recorded. So good so far; but when i go into the Writelog program and look under Setup and CW/RTTY/SSB memories and SSB button , then Brouse for location, nothing shows up in that folder I think because Writelog is looking for .wl files instead of .wav files. I tried putting the wav files in a new folder on the root C:\wavfiles but it still will not find them. I hope i have made this problem clear and someone can show me how to fix!! thanks, Cort K4WI

Courtney Judd <mailto:k4wi@earthlink.net>
Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:08 PM