Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 19:02:19 -0700
No, the MMTTY Plug-in is not rendered non-functional.  Deleting the
[Rttyrite] and [Rttyrite2] sections of writelog.ini only removes the window
positions and some other configuration choices.  The plug-in resorts to its
built-in defaults.  You simply set them up your choices again.  The same is
true of the new [Rttyrite-Clone-n] windows.  Deleting these sections of
writelog.ini returns WriteLog to the state it was when you first installed
it, before any Rttyrite windows were opened.

Deleting these Rttyrite sections of writelog.ini has been a cure to numerous
problems resulting from the accumulation, and mixing, of Rttyrite ini
parameters after a number of decoder and parameter changes.  I think Don has
this hint somewhere in his tutorials on rttycontesting.com.

In a basic configuration, let's say you have just one Rttyrite window
configured for MMTTY using the MMTTY Plug-in (the "MMTTY" choice on the
Rttyrite TNC menu).  Then you go into the Rttyrite TNC menu and select
XMMT.ocx.  Next, you configure TNC Setup to point XMMT.ocx to the path to
mmtty.exe.  All the [Rttyrite] info in writelog.ini that was a result of
your previously using the MMTTY Plug-in, will be used for the XMMT.ocx
interface to MMTTY, including window positions.  The only change will be the
decoder type number to tell WriteLog to use XMMT.ocx instead of the MMTTY
Plug-in.

If you were to then go into TNC Setup and change the XMMT.ocx path to
2tone.exe, the values in [Rttyrite] will change to reflect 2Tone instead of
MMTTY, including the decoder type and the various parameters you setup in
2Tone.

After a period of time, and a number of these changes, the evolution can
sometimes cause a problem and the easiest solution is to erase the
[Rttyrite] section of writelog.ini and start fresh.  I haven't spent time
trying to characterize why this happens, because it is so easy to erase the
ini section and keep going.

Ed W0YK