[WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 21:37:34 -0800
I seem to have hit a bit of a stumbling block...

Downloaded WL V11.10G and installed the new update.  I already had XMMT.ocx
registered on my Vista machine because of an earlier install of N1MM a couple
of years ago. Cleared out my RttyRite section in the ini file and then followed
Don's directions on his web page.  I can get both MMTTY and 2Tone to run using
the ocx option on the TU Type menu, but there is something not right in both
instances.  When sending a macro the text appears to jump instantly onto the
RttyRite screen, but the transmission is a problem.  Either the TX drops out
right away after just a few characters are sent or it sends a part of the
string then hangs up for a couple of seconds and sends more of the macro then
hangs up again.  Sometimes it takes several seconds to TX to turn off despite
having %E at the end of the macro.  This happens with both 2Tone and MMTTY
under ocx control.  It sounds like those K3 ops who are using a CW paddle to
key their RTTY transmissions.

When I switch back to the MMTTY plug in choice in the TU Type menu it transmits
normally again.  The only thing I notice that is different is that with the ocx
option selected in the Ports drop down list there are three FSK keying options.
 The last one in the list is checked - Hardware FSK.  I have the microHAM
Router software running and use the MK II for FSK.  Is there a setting
somewhere I'm missing in RttyRite, MMTTY, 2Tone or Router?  Not sure where to
go or what to try next.

73,
Gary AL9A