Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone (now Hardware generated FSK withmicroKEYER)

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone (now Hardware generated FSK withmicroKEYER)
From: Steve AI9T <steve@ai9t.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 16:55:01 -0400
Gary and all

This is the same thing I am seeing. Gary explained it well.

Steve AI9T

On 4/1/2013 4:36 PM, Gary AL9A wrote:
Ok, just had a few minutes to play with the RttyRite/MMTTY/microHAM router settings and have found the following...

1. When using the original MMTTY plug-in and COM port RttyRite keys normally and the transmit speed is normal as well.

2. Checking the Strict BPS setting in router and using the TU type of XMMT.ocx with MMTTY and my normal COM PORT under Port solves the buffer timing problem, but the transmit speed is significantly slower due to the Strict BPS setting.

3. Unchecked the Strict BPS setting in router and still using the TU type of XMMT.ocx with MMTTY and the Port set to None in RttyRite and the COM port set in MMTTY results in good RTTY transmission at what sounds like the normal speed I am used to.

The only real difference I can see in using the XMMT.ocx choice variations in RttyRite is the full string of macro text populates the RttyRite screen when you press any F key and when the TX starts sending you cannot determine which character in the string is being sent. Under the MMTTY plug in the text being sent prints on the screen one character at a time. Because the MK II has a scrolling display window I can see the characters being sent in that window, but not in the RttyRite window.

At the moment I intend to stick with choice #3 from above just to see how it works under contest conditions. Now to tackle the clone windows issue. I want to setup two clones, one for MMTTY with a different profile setting, the other for 2Tone receive only. Also want to try the new ini command to restore the clone windows.

73,
Gary AL9A

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>